Sunday, August 18, 2013

Introducing Kaycee's Library!

In light of finally organizing all of my books after my recent move, I have finally decided to share my reading interests with the world wide web!  Let me take this opportunity to show you some images of this inspiration:

Poetry :)

Tolkien :D
I don't have a thing for Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti at all! :D

BOOKS!!! XD  *crazy, maniacal laughter!*
Good writers are also readers, it's as simple as that.  Not to mention that books are just about the safest and most beneficial addiction ever, right?  Hence: My library.  Some day, it will actually be a library instead of books crammed wherever they'll fit on bowing shelves.  Hopefully, like the great aunt's library from the movie Inkheart, complete with the cozy window seat.  That's my dream anyway.

And besides, everyone is always asking me what I like to read, and while the line "I could no sooner choose a favorite star in the heavens" from the movie Ever After is an appropriate response, it would be cool to have a central place with all of my favorite reading delights :)

Thus, my electronic library has been born!

The fiction section is listed in alphabetical order by the author's last name.  I'm a fan of the old saying, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all," so you'll only find good books on this list!  I do have books in my physical library that I have simply to expose myself to different kinds of writers, and there are some of these authors that, chances are, you'll never see in my online library that actually are in my physical library *coughcough Danielle Steele cough Stephanie Myers coughcough* ahem.

I do however need to take a moment to shock the world: Not all works of fiction are G rated.  If that isn't the shocking part, this is: I read some such books!  Thus, I shall utilize the Little Brother Test.  My little brother is 16 with a passion to remain pure in the midst of a public high school, much like me when I was 16, and sometimes that requires carefully choosing not to plant some things in the imagination.  Therefore, if I wouldn't want my little brother reading it, I'll add a little heads up to it in the library.

Of course, this is a huge undertaking, so please understand that this library is still under construction.  I'll try to periodically post reminders to check it out!  I'm also hoping to add a poetry section and a movie section later on!  Then when it's all caught up, I can post reviews of various books, poets, and movies with links to my library.  So you know there will be more fun and exciting things to find there!

Thanks for tagging along on this little adventure of mine!  I hope you enjoy!

~  *  ~

Did I put enough links in this blog post?  Did you catch my subtle hints?  You should go check out my library!  Click here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment